Arnault is known as an art collector. He deals with creativity and has a keen sense. Therefore, to relax his mind, he takes a sound sleep for 7 hours every night. Arnault also set his sleeping schedule at the same time for improving the mind’s productivity. Moreover, with his great sense of creativity, his bedroom is also designed to contribute to a peaceful sleep.
Here are some fun facts about him:
- The 71-year-old luxury titan keeps himself fit by playing tennis regularly and has even played with Roger Federer!
- He is an avid chess player.
- Arnault loves playing classical piano. Chopin is his favorite composer.
- He is an avid art collector and owns works by Claude Monet, Mark Rothko, Picasso, Yves Klein, Henry Moore, Andy Warhol and Bernard Buffet, according to Bloomberg. Arnault has two large statues by Takashi Murakami in the foyer of his offices, as reported by Forbes.
- His eldest child Delphine Arnault, the executive vice president of Louis Vuitton, told Forbes that Bernard Arnault works 24 hours. “When he sleeps, he’s dreaming of new ideas.”
- Every Saturday, Arnault visits his retail stores and offers suggestions to his staff. He even rearranges products on display. His son Frédéric told Forbes that Arnault visits as many as 25 stores in a single morning, including those of his competitors.
- At least once a month, Arnault travels in his private jet to keep a track of his stores in other countries, as reported by Forbes.
- The Financial Times reported that Arnault is given a head of state’s welcome in China when he visits and is ‘spirited through traffic in a motorcade’. (Arnault opened a Louis Vuitton store in China way back in 1992 before it became a large market for luxury goods.)