Aristotle (384–322 BC) was a Greek philosopher and polymath during the Classical period in Ancient Greece. Taught by Plato, he was the founder of the Lyceum, the Peripatetic school of philosophy, and the Aristotelian tradition.
Having an in-depth understanding of Aristotle’s quotes can help you understand the bad habits affecting your productivity. Afterward, you can transform the bad habits into good ones and accomplish set goals and objectives. It’s imperative to implement habit quotes into your personal and professional life to lead a creative, responsible and productive life.
The 14 quotes by Aristotle are:
1. “Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.”
2. “It is well to be up before daybreak, for such habits contribute to health, wealth and wisdom.”
3. “We are what we repeatedly do…excellence, therefore, isn’t an act, but a habit and life isn’t a series of events, but an ongoing process of self-definition.”
4. “We are the sum of our actions, and therefore our habits make all the difference.”
5. “Good habits formed at youth make all the difference.”
6. “The habits we form from childhood make no small difference, but rather they make all the difference.”