Chan Kong-sang (born 7 April 1954), known professionally as Jackie Chan, is a Hong Kong martial artist, actor, stuntman, filmmaker, action choreographer, and singer.
Jackie Chan’s Workout Routine
The man is extremely fit and is known to perform all his stunts by himself no matter how dangerous or complex they may be. Jackie Chan starts his day by running 3 to 5 miles daily. Running is a great way to warm up and build stamina for the rest of your exercises. He then proceeds to his classic workout routine that he has been practicing every day for years now. He believes that the simplest of the exercises are the most effective. You just have to do them properly.
Have a look at his exercises:
- 5 sets of Knuckle Push-ups- (10 reps for each set)
- 5 sets of Decline Sit-ups- (20 reps for each set)
- 3 sets of Bench Press- (15 reps for each set)
- 3 sets of Pulldowns- (15 reps for each set)
- 2 sets of Incline Bench Press- (15 reps for each set)
- 2 sets of Seated Row- (15 reps for each set)
- 2 sets of Dumbbell or Cable Overhead Press- (15 reps for each set)
- 3 sets of Barbell Squat- (15 reps for each set)
- 2 sets of Dumbbell Lunges- (15 reps for each set)
- 2 sets of Leg Curls- (15 reps for each set)
- 2 sets of Dumbbell or Machine Biceps Curls- (15 reps for each set)
- 2 sets of Cable Triceps Pushdowns- (15 reps for each set)
- 3 sets of Focus Mitt or Thai Pad Work- (5 minutes for each rest with a rest of 2 minutes in between)
- 30 minutes of Martial arts practice
He also likes boxing occasionally, so he adds it to his workout when he feels like.
Jackie Chan’s Diet Plan
Jackie Chan is strict with his food intake. His diet consists of food that is low in fat, carbs and sodium and high in protein. Protein is what you need for those muscles. On days that he would eat more than he should have, he increases his cardio the next day. His cheat days are followed by punishments. Even on the days when he’d eaten an extra part of his favourite dishes like steak or frozen yoghurt. His diet plan is simple, lots of healthy food and lots of exercising after cheat days.